Balinder's Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

FIRST POST- INDEPENDANT STUDY!!

Hey evryone! As my first post I feel that i should introduce my chosen topic for my independant study. I will be focusing on the British film "Kidulthood", and will particularly focus on the issue of represenation of black people. To be specific I will be looking at black youths as that is what the film portrays, and looks at the everyday social culture that they are involved with. These youths are represented from both a male and female perspective, which gives the audience a clear idea of what both genders in society are involved with and the way they are feeling.
The reason why I chose this particular film is because, it has many issues which are contemporary in today's society which therfore relates to many young teenagers today. There are also representations of a white ethnicity which can help to engage a wider audience. As well as representation I will also talk about the exaggeration of the film, in terms of stereotyping certain characters due to their race. In relation to this text there are many others, but i feel that Kidulthood is more powerful as it portrays its message in a different way, which will be expalined in my independant study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home