Balinder's Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BOOK RESEARCH!

I found a number of books which will help me with my independent study.

  1. Mel Thompson (2000), Ethics, Hodder Headline Plc. This book is all about the different range of ethnicities that exist in the world. As my text focuses on black people it will help me to identify thier ethics in more detail.
  2. The British World Book Encyclopedia. This gave me general information about women and the Women's Movement and also about the film industry, and when it was first introduced.
  3. Valerie Bryson (2001), Feminist Debates. This just gave me general information on feminism and the beliefs that this theorist holds.
  4. Myra Macdonald, Representing Women
  5. Mandy Ross, Changing role of Women
  6. Nelson George, Post-Soul Nation. This will help me as it looks at the sterotypical values that people hold on certain ethnicities. It will help me to look at these values from other perspectives as well as one belief.

Recomended books ( that i need to look into)

7 . Paul Gilroy
8. Deborah King
9. Diana Evans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home